Wednesday, October 05, 2005

gajini_vs_memento

Ive been wanting to write blogs for a long time. Finally starting it now. This one is about tamil cinema, so I am easily getting a motivation to write something about it. I saw gajini today, asusual in a poor wmv format, downloading it from forums in 15 small parts. These forum administrators are getting cheap day by day. Really liked the movie, Murugadoss and surya have done a good job. Asin, wow, she looks cute, manivannan avvai shanmugi movie'la solra madiri, munnadiyum nalla irukudu, pinnadiyum nalla irukkudu. She also has a good smile, so everything abt her is good, her acting performance has also improved a lot. I hope, she has good chance of becoming next simran.

Now coming to the core of the blog, I heard from cinesouth.com that gajini is a remodelled version of memento. I am not against remakes, as they are good in their own ways. Why not watch a good movie in your own language. In the same way with songs in between the story.
So after hearing the plot of gajini from cinesouth, I wanted to see memento. As per the review the movie memento was too good, It really gave me headache, while watching the movie. The director has split it into two parts, one moving backwards in time frame and other moving forward. The movie gets clearer as you keep going and ending in a place where you can guess whats going to happen after that point. It was such a novel attempt and I really appreciated the effort and watched it again, ofcourse not back to back.

Right after the movie, I knew gajini cant be taken in the same fashion, man it will defnitely blow in the box office if the same pattern was followed. Why cant they do it the same way, are tamil audience so illetrate. Well lets have this debate later. So, I expected a lot of changes in the tamil version of the movie.

After watching gajini, I felt even though not the same level as of memento, It was well scripted and a nice movie to watch. The sequences were good and surya and asin are looking too good. But cant even be compared to one half of memento. Gajini will defnitely become a hit, but my only concern is when are tamil audiences going to get used to novel kind of plots. When are tamil movies going to be directed in the same level and quality as english ones. we have to wait as even maniratnam's yuva flopped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home